The idea for BlackGirl WhiteWine came to me when I was a law student. As a life long writer, I thought a blog would be a creative way to document my law school journey and might even serve as a resource for those pursuing a career in the law. Since the inception of this blog BlackGirl WhiteWine has become a place for ALL of the things. I documented my wedding planning experience, I’ve shared my skincare obsession, and I’ve recently started documenting our journey to turn our new house into a home. One of my goals this year was to share more about myself on this blog. In honor of my birthday, today I’m sharing 10 random facts about me.
1. For the first 18 years of my life I wanted to be a doctor. I went to “med camp,” shadowed doctors, and volunteered at hospitals. I even got a full ride scholarship to a BS/MD program. However, less than perfect grades my first year of undergrad and a terrible college advisor made me change directions. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I saw that dream through but most days I’m really happy to be a lawyer.
2. One of my dreams is to start a business. I come from a line of female entrepreneurs so that entrepreneurial sprit is in my blood. I have SO many business ideas but I never feel like I have the time or money to implement them. Hopefully this is the year I make it happen.
3. I filmed an episode of Say Yes to the Dress. You can read more about my experience going to Kleinfeld’s and filming for the show here and here. Although my episode never aired, I meet Randy and found a gorgeous wedding dress. It was the experience of a life time.
4. Reality TV is my ultimate guilty pleasure. The very first reality tv show I ever watched was Amazing Race and I think I’ve watched almost every reality tv show that’s ever existed at least once. Right now I’m totally obsessed with all things Real Housewives of Potomac and Love Island.
5. I want to make a coffee table book one day. Very very random, I know. Since going on the hunt for coffee table books for our home which I wrote about (here) I’ve become obsessed with coffee table books. They’re like a very formal scrap book. I’d love to make one of my own one day.
6. I’m a homebody at heart. Give me cozy clothes, good food and a realty tv show to binge and I’d never leave the house. Spending almost all of 2020 at home has basically been dream for me. I’m actually feeling a little anxious now that my time working from home is coming to an end.
7. I use to be a theater kid. For most of my childhood I took piano and voice lessons. I was in musicals, show choir, and even went to a school for the performing arts. All of those activities seem a lifetime away now, the only thing you’ll catch me singing is happy birthday.
8. My favorite colors are neutral colors. Black, white, beige, tan, nude, baby pink (yes I do consider baby pink to be a neutral). I use to try to force myself to buy things that were bright and colorful but I’ve started embracing my love for all things neutral.
9. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love all holidays but Halloween is my absolute favorite. I completed my undergraduate degree at a college where Halloween was a very big deal. People went all out for their costumes and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
10. I‘m a crier. I cry when I’m happy, I cry when I’m sad. I cry when I’m stressed out, I cry when I’m mad. Basically, anything and everything can lead to tears. I use to be incredibly embarrassed penchant for crying but I’ve learned to try to control it when I can and lean into it when I can’t. lol It is what it is.