This month my husband and I celebrated our two year anniversary. Traveling is our thing and we planned to take a trip for our two year anniversary. However, Corona cancelled all those plans with the quickness. Instead enjoyed a quiet weekend at home with food from our favorite restaurants and lots and lots of champagne. I always try to get my husband a “traditional” anniversary gift and this year was no exception. Traditionally, the 2nd anniversary gift is cotton.
Cotton represents comfort and strength. I also read that Cotton fabric represent how two lives come together. The interwoven fibers of cotton represent how a married couple becomes closer and intertwined in their second year of marriage. For those of you on the hunt for a 2nd anniversary gift I put together a gift guide. This guide does contain affiliate links. While clicking on a link costs you nothing, I might receive a small commission.
1. Robe : My husband and I were gifted robes for a 2nd anniversary gift and it was such a sweet surprise. Although there are tons of robes out there this Parachute Robe is one of the best ones I found. It’s made of 100% Turkish Cotton and looks so cozy.
2. Ring Box : My husband bought me a ring box for our first anniversary and I think it’s such a beautiful way to store your ring on your nightstand or vanity. If you’d like a cheaper option check out this ring box.
3. Cotton Roman Numeral Sign : This Sign is my favorite gift on this list. It’s a beautiful piece of art that serves as a subtle wedding day tribute.
6. Throw Blanket : I love a good throw especially now that it’s getting colder. Mark and Graham has a ton of throws that are easily customizable with your initials or wedding date. Williams Sonoma also has a ton of cotton throws including this gorgeous throw.
7. Picnic Basket : The current pandemic and social distancing rules has picnics back in style. This Cotton lined basket is perfect for picnic date nights.
9. Cotton Tray : This cotton lined dish is the most unique cotton anniversary gift on this list. Customize it with your wedding vows, favorite quote, or the words to your first dance song.
10. Sheets : Expensive sheets are worth the splurge and these sheets are not an exception. My mama gifted us with sheets as a second anniversary gift and they were a practical and luxurious choice.
Read More : The Ultimate Guide to Crossbody Bags