.You may have already seen my posts on my instagram but a few months ago I was able to go wedding dress shopping at Kleinfeld Bridal. I previously wrote about my wedding dress journey here. After 11 bridal appointments, in 8 salons, and trying on over 90 dresses I made an appointment to go wedding dress shopping at Kleinfeld Bridal. As my appointment date got closer I got a little nervous.
Kleinfeld was far away, it was going to cost money for me to get there, and I didn’t know what I would do if I didn’t find the dress. But at the end of the day I’m glad I went. I saw the biggest dress inventory in the country, I ugly cried, and I FINALLY said yes to the dress. I thought I would ease the minds of any other brides considering making the same journey by doing a post on the 5 things you should know before you go shopping at Kleinfeld Bridal.
1. Kleinfeld has bridal consultants, not sales associates and there’s a difference. Sales associates can be pushy and can make the process of finding a wedding gown overwhelming. At other bridal salons the sales associates would try hard to make their sale. At Kleinfeld I never felt the pressure to commit to a dress. In fact the dress I ended up with was one I initially said no to (I mean, who travels all the way to Kleinfeld to say yes to the first dress??).
2. You can call ahead to reserve dresses before you go shopping at Kleinfeld Bridal (and you should). Unlike other bridal salons, Kleinfeld has a lot of their inventory listed online. I looked online and sent Kleinfeld a list of dresses I liked, to make sure they would be in the salon when I was there. I received a confirmation email within 24 hours of making my request. And the dresses were waiting for me when I arrived in the store. This saved me time during my appointment.
3. Appointments are short. Appointments at Kleinfeld are typically 90 minutes. (Longer if you’re filming an episode of Say Yes to the Dress, which I did! But more on that later). During my appointment I only had time to show my family 5 dresses. This was a bit of a surprise to me, with such a big inventory you’d think you could try on whatever you want but that wasn’t the case. I will say this wasn’t a complete negative as it forced me to be specific in the dresses that I wanted them to pull and wanted to try.
4. You can have you dress sent home for alterations. I had no idea I could decide between alterations at Kleinfeld or at home. Sending my dress home saved me another trip to NYC. An added bonus was I was able to avoid sales taxes which saved me over $200.
5. An appointment at Kleinfeld Bridal is just like an episode of Say Yes to the Dress. The salon was a little smaller than I expected. Pnina didn’t pop up (seeminly out of nowhere). But, the salon I walked into was the same heavenly store you see on the show. The consultants and crew were incredibly nice. AND Randy popped into my appointment to save the day!
I was so excited to to go wedding dress shopping at Kleinfeld Bridal! And I’m glad I was able to and share my xperience with you all. Keep an eye out for the next post on my wedding dress journey. I’ll be sharing my experience taping Say Yes to the Dress. And, pin this post if you found it helpful!