It’s engagement season! And yes, engagement season is a real thing. The period from Thanksgiving to Valentines day is the time of the year when the most engagements occur. I was engaged on Valentines Day 2 years ago so, this time of year holds an extra special place in my heart. I still remember the very first engagement gift we received, two beautiful Diamond Glasses, that we still use to this day. My law school friend gave them to us, and it was such a surprise and felt so special to be celebrated so early into our wedding journey.
If your best friend recently got engaged, it’s likely that she hasn’t had the time to set up a registry. Following this engagement gift guide you’ll be sure to get an engagement gift that your best friend will love and actually use.
2/15/20 UPDATE: Because this post has been so popular I decided to do an update. I found 10 MORE engagement gifts that you best friend will love! Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom to see my newest additions.
1. Ring Box: Ring boxes are a popular engagement gift because they work as a beautiful way to store your engagement ring and a wedding day prop. My husband bought me an official Mrs. Box as an anniversary gift and I love it! But I also love this equally beautiful (and much cheaper) Koyal Ring Box as an alternative. If you’re looking for a box with a monogram look at these.
2. Ring Dish: A ring dish is a must have for any bride to be. It’s the perfect place to put your ring while while your not wearing it. There are TONS of cute ring dishes out there, but this Heart Ring Dish was one of my favorites. And if you want to go the customized route, this Etsy Shop has a ton of cute options.
3. Diamond Glasses: As I mentioned, Diamond Glasses were our first engagement gift. They’re such beautiful glasses and paired with a bottle of alcohol makes a great engagement gift.
4. Personalized Door Mat: A personalized door mat is one of my favorite things on this list. Etsy has tons of options but I love this Personalized Door Mat because of the option to include a wedding year.
5. Alexa: She can give you reminders, tell you when your packages get delivered, and can even make phone calls for you. Alexa is almost as good as a real life personal assistant. While she’s one of the more expensive gifts on this list Alexa is totally worth it in my opinion.
6. Personalized Stamp: New couples will be sending a lot of mail in their near future; save the dates, invites, thank you notes and more. This Personalized Stamp is a cute gift that they’ll be sure to get a lot of use out of.
7. Luggage Tags: Your friend will use these cute Mrs. and Mr. Luggage Tags on her honeymoon and for years to come. I’m also loving these cheeky Mrs. and Mr. Luggage Tags because lets be honest, your friend will probably be packing more lol
8. Future Mrs. Wedding Planner: Every bride needs a planner to keep track of important dates, documents, and notes. I really love this Future Mrs. Wedding Planner because it’s creators have thought of EVERYTHING. It has a section for all the important wedding details and even comes with bridesmaid proposal stickers.
9. Champagne Bears: I love love love an edible gift. Sugarfina has so many sweet treats to give to the couple to be, including these Celebratory Champagne Bears.
10. Engagement Announcement Mug: If you don’t have an Instagram picture with one of these Engagement Announcement Mugs, did you really get engaged?? Get your best friend this mug so she can take her obligatory picture and drink some coffee when she’s done.
11. Bride Bangle: I love the Kate Spade brand because they make so jewelry that is perfect for gifting. This Bride Bangle is no exception. It has a bunch of cute sayings on the outside and has a ” happily ever after” inscription on the inside.
12. Charcuterie Board: Charcuterie is all the rage right now making it perfect for an engagement gift idea. Pair this this Marble Charcuterie Platter with some nice cheese.
13. Custom Clutch: ClassicPrepMonograms makes some stunning custom bags. This Beaded Clutch is one of my favorites. Your girl will love wearing this bag on her wedding day and to all her wedding events. Save the Date Designs also has cute wedding ready custom bags at a lower price point.
14. Invitation Frame: I got my best friend this exact same Invitation Frame when she got engaged and she adored it. It’s the perfect way to display your wedding invitation and your favorite wedding photo.
15. Miss to Mrs Box: The Miss to Mrs Box is one gift I wish I would have received (or given to myself!) when I was wedding planning. The Miss to Mrs Box is a monthly subscription box that is filled with gifts, tips, and wedding inspiration. Please get this for your friend, it’s probably the best gift on this list!
16. Champagne Saucers: I love special occasion glasses. These Champagne Saucers paired with a bottle of champagne make a gorgeous gift. If you’re looking for a more traditional champagne flute, check out these.
17. Survival Kit: I love this Wedding Planning Survival Kit. It comes with a number of different wedding planning essentials including, a ring dish, countdown calendar, and a “decision fatigue” eye mask.
18. Guest Book: I had no idea bachelorette guest books were a thing. But, I guess they are and I’m not mad about it. This Bachelorette Party Guest book can be filled with pictures and sweet notes for your bride to be.
19. Personalized Candle: You can personalize this Candle with your friends initials and engagement date. And, what I love most is that you can pick a scent she’ll love.
20. Eternity Rose: Eternity Flowers are a gorgeous gift but they can get pretty pricey. I found this Mini Eternity Rose at a more affordable price. Your best friend will love this rose because it will live through her entire wedding planning process.
That’s it! Let me know what you think of my picks! And if there is anything on my list that you’d love to give or receive as an engagement gift please let me know below!
READ MORE: Designer Shoe Dupes
READ MORE: Bridesmaid Proposal Gifts