Last month I celebrated my birthday. Instead of the big birthday bash I originally planned I had a small intimate birthday dinner that you can read all about here. Even though I was going to be celebrating my birthday at home, I wanted it to feel like a special occasion. One of the things that I specially wanted was a romantic tablescape with candles and roses (think a real housewives of Beverley Hills dinner party vibes). Real flower arrangements can be extremely expensive so, I purchased roses in bulk from FiftyFlowers and created the centerpieces myself. If you want to know how to make a flower arrangment or what I think of FiftyFlowers keep reading my FiftyFlowers review.
FiftyFlowers offers an incredible selection of roses and greenery at an extremely affordable price. I knew I wanted cream roses and ultimately settled on Amelia Roses for my birthday party. When my Roses arrived there were quite a number of brown/discolored petals in the bunch. FiftyFlowers explained that they were guard petals that could be removed from the flowers. Once I plucked all the guard petals from my flowers I was left with a stunning selection of roses. I used a 6 in Cylinder Vase, Floral Shears, Floral Tape and 22 Amelia Roses to make my rose flower arrangements . You can find the step by step process below.
Flower Arrangement DIY
1. Let your roses hydrate for 4-8 hours in cool water in a cool area away from sunlight.*
2. Pluck brown or discolored “guard petals” from your rose stem and throw them away. It’s not uncommon to pluck 5-10 petals off of one rose.
3. Cut all the leaves off your rose stems with your Floral Shears.
4. Use your Floral Shears to cut the ends of your stems at a diagonally. Don’t worry if they’re not perfect, you may have to cut them again.
5. Select 1 rose to serve as the center of your centerpiece.
6. Arrange 4-5 roses** around the center rose and secure them together by wrapping a Floral Tape around the flowers.
7. Arrange another layer of roses around your center bundle.
8. Gradually place the remaining flowers around your center bundle in layers until no roses remain.
9. Secure your rose bundle with Floral Tape.
10. Place your rose bundle in a vase. You may need to trim your roses with your Floral Shears one last time so they’re the perfect height.
*If you purchase your flowers from FiftyFlowers, they recommend you leave your flowers in the cardboard sleeve while they hydrate.
**I pick the tightly closed flowers for the center of the centerpiece and save the more bloomed flowers for the outer layers. I think my centerpiece turned out better this way
My flower centerpieces turned out SO beautifully and lasted for over two weeks. After my birthday dinner I used my flowers as a centerpiece for my coffee table and kitchen island and they were such a stunning addition to my home. I highly recommend FiftyFlowers and I hope you found my FiftyFlowers review helpful. If you have any questions about my experience with FiftyFlowers let me know below!