Last month I celebrated my birthday. Instead of the big birthday bash I originally planned I had a small intimate birthday dinner that you can read all about here. Even though I was going to be celebrating my birthday at home, I wanted it to feel like a special occasion. One of the things that I specially wanted was a romantic tablescape with candles and roses (think a real housewives of Beverley Hills dinner party vibes). Real flower arrangements can be extremely expensive so, I purchased roses in bulk from FiftyFlowers and created the centerpieces myself. If you want to know how to make a flower arrangment or what I think of FiftyFlowers keep reading my FiftyFlowers review.
FiftyFlowers offers an incredible selection of roses and greenery at an extremely affordable price. I knew I wanted cream roses and ultimately settled on Amelia Roses for my birthday party. When my Roses arrived there were quite a number of brown/discolored petals in the bunch. FiftyFlowers explained that they were guard petals that could be removed from the flowers. Once I plucked all the guard petals from my flowers I was left with a stunning selection of roses. I used a 6 in Cylinder Vase, Floral Shears, Floral Tape and 22 Amelia Roses to make my rose flower arrangements . You can find the step by step process below.
Flower Arrangement DIY
- Let your roses hydrate for 4-8 hours in cool water in a cool area away from sunlight.
- Pluck brown or discolored “guard petals” from your rose stem and throw them away. It’s not uncommon to pluck 5-10 petals off of one rose
- Cut all the leaves off your rose stems with your Floral Shears.
- Use your Floral Shears to cut the ends of your stems at a diagonally. Don’t worry if they’re not perfect, you may have to cut them again.
- Select 1 rose to serve as the center of your centerpiece.
- Arrange 4-5 roses** around the center rose and secure them together by wrapping a Floral Tape around the flowers.
- Arrange another layer of roses around your center bundle.
- Gradually place the remaining flowers around your center bundle in layers until no roses remain.
- Secure your rose bundle with Floral Tape.
- Place your rose bundle in a vase. You may need to trim your roses with your Floral Shears one last time so they’re the perfect height.
*If you purchase your flowers from FiftyFlowers, they recommend you leave your flowers in the cardboard sleeve while they hydrate.
**I pick the tightly closed flowers for the center of the centerpiece and save the more bloomed flowers for the outer layers. I think my centerpiece turned out better this way
My flower centerpieces turned out SO beautifully and lasted for over two weeks. After my birthday dinner I used my flowers as a centerpiece for my coffee table and kitchen island and they were such a stunning addition to my home. I highly recommend FiftyFlowers and I hope you found my FiftyFlowers review helpful. If you have any questions about my experience with FiftyFlowers let me know below!
READ MORE: Olaplex Natural Hair Review
READ MORE: Work from Home Loungewear