2018 was a very, very, very busy year for your girl.
- I attended law school full time.
- I worked part time.
- I blogged whenever I had the time…
- I planned an amazing bachelorette trip to Vegas with my girls
- I (finally) graduated law school!
- I PASSED the bar!!
- I traveled to Paris (it was beautiful)
- I traveled to Dubai (it was pure magic)
- I was offered, accepted, and started my first job as a real attorney (!!!)
- And on top of it all I planned the wedding of my dreams
I’m not going to lie, balancing everything was difficult. And, I didn’t always balance everything well. Below are 3 things I did well and 3 things I didn’t do so well in 2018.
3 Things I Did Well:
- Planned My Year in Advance. In 2017 my husband and I sat down and wrote down everything we had to do, and the month we planned to do it in. Our wedding tasks, travel plans, even birthdays went on that list. We didn’t always stick to the schedule but we were pretty damn close. I’m so thankful that took out the time to plan our year because it kept us on track.
- Stay Focused. Two of my biggest goals in 2018 were graduating and passing the bar. I’m proud of the fact that despite all the other things going on in my life, I stayed focused and accomplished those two goals.
- Delegated. I’m very very type A and I typically believe if you want something done well, you have to do it yourself. However, when you have a lot your plate delegation is necessary. I’m proud of the fact that I released some of my obligations (mostly wedding related) to my friends and family who were willing to help.
3 Things I Didn’t Do So Well:
- Budget My Money. I was lucky enough to not have to work during the bar. But not having a paycheck was HARD. If I created a budget for each month, I could have managed the little money had much better.
- Balance My Blogging. I wanted 2018 to be the year that my blog really took off. With some extra planning it could have been. I set aside Sunday’s as my day to blog. But, when my schedule got super busy blogging became the first thing that fell off my to do list. By planning my posts ahead, I could have avoided gaps in my blogging.
- Take Time Out For Me. 2018 was so busy, I can barely imagine squeezing anything else. However, I know how important it is to take time out for yourself. In 2019 I plan on taking more time out for me. Whether it’s an in home spa day or a shopping trip I want to prioritize doing things that make me happy.
Last year was AMAZING and I’m honestly a little sad to see it go. However, I’v got my goals in hand (you can read about them here) and I’m excited to see what this year brings.