Putting together a wedding registry was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning. It’s like the adult equivalent of circling items in the toys R Us Christmas catalog, but better because you’ll actually get it all. Picking items for your wedding registry can be exciting. But, it can also be daunting. What do you need? What will you use?
Hopefully my list of the 10 things you should put on your wedding registry can serve as a guide. Below you’ll find Amazon affiliate links to the exact products I registered for, so you can easily add them to your Amazon Wedding Registry. (If you haven’t created Amazon Wedding Registry you should, and you can do so here, its really the best registry out there!)
1. Vacuum : I think a vacuum is one of the best wedding registry items you can get. We knew Shark makes wonderful vacuums so we registered for this Shark Navigator. It comes in black, blue, and this gorgeous champagne. We picked the champagne, and I have zero complaints.
2. Pots and Pans : A nice set of Pots and Pans is another registry staple. But, I would caution you about how many pots and pans you register for. I went a little crazy and was buying woks and things we literally didn’t have space for. I ultimately ended up returning a lot of it. One pot and pan set, should be more than enough. I recommend this Cuisinart Pots and Pans Set because it has everything you need and it’s machine washable.
3. Knife Set : I also think a high end knife set deserves a spot on your wedding registry. We specifically registered for a Sabatier Knife Set you can find a similar set here. I think it looks beautiful on our counter and most importantly the knives work really well.
4. Stand Mixer : Ok, this next pick is a little “controversial.” I registered for a KitchenAid Stand Mixer and I’m so glad I did. I use it around once a month (more often than that during the holidays). And, it makes baking such a breeze. I use and love my mixer but it’s become a controversial registry item due to its high price and practicality. That being said, if you don’t bake don’t register for one. If you don’t have the counter space for a standing mixer, don’t register for one.
5. Towels : As someone who has never splurged on towels, I used our wedding registry as an opportunity to get 2 high quality sets. These Cotton Bath Towels come in 19 different colors and are a great item to put on your wedding registry.
6. Pyrex Set : A pyrex set is the one thing my mother told me I had to put on our wedding registry. I’m glad I did. Pyrex is the modern version of Tupperware we use ours for meal prepping, food storage, and everything in between.
7. Sheets : A quality sheet set is my next must have. Even if you already have one (I hope you have one) use this as an opportunity to upgrade. Generally, the higher the thread count the better the sheet set. These sheets have amazing reviews and come in a ton of colors so they’re a perfect pick.
8. Suitcases : Suitcases are some of the best wedding registry items we received. We travel a lot, so I know we will use the luggage we received for years to come. I recommend registering for individual pieces of luggage instead of one set. A quality luggage set can be pricey and guests may be more willing to purchase individual pieces. Away has suitcases in every size and color combination you could imagine.
10. Steamer : When I was asking my married friends about things we should put on our registry, a steamer kept coming up as an answer. It ended up on our list and I’m glad it did. Specifically, we registered for this Conair Steamer and my husband uses it steam his clothes almost every morning. I don’t think we’ll ever go back to irons again.
READ MORE : Wedding Shoes You’ll Wear Again