In December my husband and I took our very first trip to Mexico! We split our time between Playa Del Carmen and Tulum and loved every second of it (you can read all about our trip here). Because I’d never been to Mexico, I spent A LOT of time deciding what to pack. December in Mexico is hot so I kept my wardrobe light, airy, and bright. White dresses, two piece sets, and rompers were my staples. If you want to know what I wore in Mexico keep reading. As always, this post does contain affiliate links. Clicking on a link will not cost you any money. However, I may receive a commission when anyone clicks on or purchases something through my affiliate link.
- Aviator Sunglasses : These Aviator Sunglasses are the first pair of Ray-Bans I ever owned and are pretty much a vacation staple for me. I also took a pair of these cheap Celine Sunglasses Dupes I found on Amazon.
- Gold Engraved Bar Necklace : I knew this would be a pretty relaxed vacation so I kept my jewelry minimal. I packed my 2 signature Mejuri necklaces including this Engraved Bar Necklace. Mejuri’s version is a little pricey but there are tons of dupes online such as this Gold Bar Necklace.
- Bronze Bikini : I searched high and low for the perfect bikini for this trip and ended up taking a Bronze Bikini I bought for my bachelorette trip. I thought this Zimmarman Bikini was pretty similar and also found this.
- Wooden Fan : I purchased two wooden fans from the 5th Avenue market when I got Playa Del Carmen. The fans are beautiful souvenirs and kept me cool the entire trip.
- Wrap-Around Romper : I got this Wrap-Around Romper especially for my trip to Tulum. It was lightweight and photographed so well. Although it’s basically sold out online you can find similar ones here and here.
- Booster Drops : It was too hot to wear foundation but I made sure I wore a light sunscreen every day. I’m a fan of Cover FX’s Booster Drops but if you’re on the oily side Coola’s Sun Silk Drops are a better option.
- Body Shimmer : I previously wrote about my love for this body shimmer in my post on the Best Body Shimmers for the Summer. Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil is the very first thing I pack when I go on vacation and I used it every single day.
- Gold Hoop Earrings : In addition to taking 2 necklaces I packed a simple pair of Gold Hoop Earrings and a pair of Gold Studs. If you’re on the hunt for gold hoops Lulus has some great options. I’m loving these and these in particular.
- Waist Beads : I love pairing Waist Beads with a cute bikini. SwahiliGirlJewelry is my all time favorite waist bead vendor, she has every color under the sun and is willing to make them in custom lengths.
- Tan Sandals : I also kept it simple when it came to shoes. Tan Aldo Sandals and a pair of Sam Edelman Heels were the only shoes I packed. I ended up wearing the Tan Sandals my entire trip and I have no regrets! I was on vacation!
This is the first of a few posts on my trip to Playa Del Carmen and Tulum Mexico. Let me know what you think about what I wore in Mexico and what other types of posts you’d like to see.
READ MORE : Best Body Shimmers for the Summer
READ MORE : Three Days in Playa Del Carmen