In December my husband and I took our very first trip to Mexico! We split our time between Playa Del Carmen and Tulum and loved every second of it. Because I’d never been to Mexico, I spent A LOT of time deciding what to pack. December in Mexico is hot so I kept my wardrobe light, airy, and bright. White dresses, two piece sets, and rompers were my staples. If you want to know what I wore in Mexico keep reading. As always, this post does contain affiliate links. Clicking on a link will not cost you any money. However, I may receive a commission when anyone clicks on or purchases something through my affiliate link.
- Aviator Sunglasses : These Aviator Sunglasses are the first pair of Ray-Bans I ever owned and are pretty much a vacation staple for me. I also took a pair of these cheap Celine Sunglasses Dupes I found on Amazon.
- Gold Engraved Bar Necklace : I knew this would be a pretty relaxed vacation so I kept my jewelry minimal. I packed my 2 signature Mejuri necklaces including this Engraved Bar Necklace. Mejuri’s version is a little pricey but there are tons of dupes online such as this Gold Bar Necklace.
- Bronze Bikini : I searched high and low for the perfect bikini for this trip and ended up taking a Bronze Bikini I bought for my bachelorette trip. I thought this Zimmarman Bikini was pretty similar and also found this and this if you’d like a cheaper alternative.
- Wooden Fan : I purchased two wooden fans from the 5th Avenue market when I got Playa Del Carmen. The fans are beautiful souvenirs and kept me cool the entire trip.
- Wrap-Around Romper : I got this Wrap-Around Romper especially for my trip to Tulum. It was lightweight and photographed so well. Although it’s basically sold out online you can find similar ones here and here.
- Booster Drops : It was too hot to wear foundation but I made sure I wore a light sunscreen every day. I’m a fan of Cover FX’s Booster Drops but if you’re on the oily side Coola’s Sun Silk Drops are a better option.
- Body Shimmer : I previously wrote about my love for this body shimmer in my post on the Best Body Shimmers for the Summer. Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil is the very first thing I pack when I go on vacation and I used it every single day.
- Gold Hoop Earrings : In addition to taking 2 necklaces I packed a simple pair of Gold Hoop Earrings and a pair of Gold Studs. If you’re on the hunt for gold hoops Lulus has some great options. I’m loving these and these in particular.
- Waist Beads : I love pairing Waist Beads with a cute bikini. SwahiliGirlJewelry is my all time favorite waist bead vendor, she has every color under the sun and is willing to make them in custom lengths.
- Tan Sandals : I also kept it simple when it came to shoes. Tan Aldo Sandals and a pair of Sam Edelman Heels were the only shoes I packed. I ended up wearing the Tan Sandals my entire trip and I have no regrets! I was on vacation!
This is the first of a few posts on my trip to Playa Del Carmen and Tulum Mexico. Let me know what you think about what I wore in Mexico and what other types of posts you’d like to see.
READ MORE : Best Body Shimmers for the Summer
READ MORE : 10 Dainty Necklaces Perfect for Layering